Who Is
The Fragrant Muse?

My photo
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm a Creative Soul and Happy Person. I have a passion for my Family, Aromatics, Fairy Gardens, Pugs, SoulCollage, Miniature Worlds, Visual Journals.

Copyrights

All contents Property and Copyright(c) of Liz Fulcher/The Fragrant Muse.
All rights reserved.
Please don't use my written word, photography or art without my permission.
Thank you.

BlogCatalog

Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Updates



Since writing this post in which I shared about an episode of panic resulting from poor self-care and hormone imbalance, people are still writing to check in on me and ask how I'm doing and I'm continually in awe of the kindness of people I've never met.

I came across the above photograph while searching through my "random" photo file looking for an image to piggyback on today's post (I love combining visual elements with my words which is how my art journaling was born).

I took this photo last June from a bridge overlooking a stream that runs along the campus of Gianluca's college. 

The second I saw it, I knew it was a perfect metaphor for where I am now - endeavoring to remain grounded, steady and unperterbed, while the current of life rushes all around me.

My self-care program is going well and I'm feeling better than I have in about a year which I owe to being diligent with my nutrition.  I am taking a pile of vitamins everyday including the amino acid 5htp which I think has been an enormous boost to my brain chemistry.   An added bonus to this healthy living is that I've dropped 8 pounds just from cutting out sugar, wheat gluten and caffeine.  That alone is giving me renewed energy.

Another sign that I'm back to my old self - or better - is the joy I felt in my heart when we took Gianluca to college last week.  No tears.  None.  He even asked why I wasn't crying!  I just felt so happy for him and knew that he was where we was supposed to be at this time in his life.


**********

I have a new goal.  I love to row and bought a Concept2 high-dollar rowing machine two years ago that has been terribly ignored for ages.  I dragged it out of its hiding place this week,  dusted it off and gave it a go.  It still works and so do I. 

I have decided to participate in a rowing competition that happens at Bucknell University every February called Erg Armageddon.   I'm waiting for the 2010 dates to come out, but it's usually around March 1st.   I've wanted to do this for several years but always thought of it too late to do any serious training.  I figure if I begin training now, six months should be enough time to get strong enough to tear up those young college students come spring!  
OptomisticPessimist will enjoy hearing this news.  She knows I've been wanting to train for an athletic competition and lovingly encouraged me to do the NYC Marathon with her.  I decided I'd rather live.


**********

Have I mentioned how amazing you all are my dear blogging friends?  Every one of you who make comments on my blog and send me personal email notes.  It warms my heart and makes me know that the Universe is indeed a safe and beautiful place if it brings people like each of you into my life.


Just yesterday I received these beautiful moo cards from Spudballoo along with a lovely "glad you're feeling better" note.  I mean, really, you just don't find that kind of humanity everyday.


 

So yes, I'm feeling better and back on my restless feet, ready to tackle new projects.  
I've even got another Fragrant Friday ready for this week!

9 comments:

Holly said...

Hip Hip Hooray! I'm so glad your efforts for yourself are returning you to the truth of you!

Wonderful!!!

iasa said...

Good for you for starting to row again. That's great! We're all behind you. (That's me zonked out on the sofa with the pie all over my face, cuz i'm the lazy blogger)

Cyndy said...

A couple of quotes to ponder:

In reference to our blogging community and bleeps:

“What is uttered from the heart alone, Will win the hearts of others to your own.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

And to your new ambitions:

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (Christopher Robin to Pooh. A. A. Milne, one of my favorite authors to quote...)

la pianista said...

Loving Cyndy's quotes for you and am so thankful that you are feeling like yourself again. Keep on keepin on. Love thyself.

Optimistic Pessimist said...

I read this yesterday and so desperately wanted to comment, but my poor old laptop couldn't take it and froze up.

Liz...I am so proud of you, this is such awesome news and I am buzzing with joy for you! Let me know the dates because I'd like to come and cheer you on!

Deb said...

We NF's (intuitive-feelers) have such powerful emotions that it can be terrifying at times. I've known that one of my chief parenting roles was to help Gab know how to honor this part of herself as well as give her the tools to care for and nurture this part too. It's wonderful to hear you write so honestly about your journey and the support you have in it. I'm excited for you as you grow and change and for me to be reading about it and sharing in it.

spudballoo said...

Oh I'm so pleased for you my love! i'm amazed you didn't weep at college though, I'm already tearful at the thought of Bertie's first day at school at that's a whole year away.

Gosh it feels REALLY funny to see those bits from me there. Feels like they made a big journey from me writing it, then dashing to the post office and joking with the chap behind the counter at how little room there was for all those stamps LOL!!!

IOU email. Hugs and kisses from me xx

spudballoo said...

PS I thought the bloke on the stamp in the red jumpsuit, abseiling was a bit of a hotty....waaaah.

julochka said...

yay for the blogosphere! yay for spud! yay for eating healthy! boo for giving up caffeine. yay for rowing! husband was a serious rower before i met him - was about to make danish olympic team when evil first wife had child #1 and made him quit to change diapers. i used to love the rowing machine at the gym i went to years ago. i've been running myself now for 3 days in a row. it's a start.

xox,
/j