Who Is
The Fragrant Muse?

My photo
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm a Creative Soul and Happy Person. I have a passion for my Family, Aromatics, Fairy Gardens, Pugs, SoulCollage, Miniature Worlds, Visual Journals.

Copyrights

All contents Property and Copyright(c) of Liz Fulcher/The Fragrant Muse.
All rights reserved.
Please don't use my written word, photography or art without my permission.
Thank you.

BlogCatalog

Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Thursday, August 13, 2009

My playground has the bestest friends ever. When you fall off the monkey bars they pick you up, wipe the dirt from your face, give you a hug and say, "It's okay. We've all fallen too."



The response to my panic attack post left me amazed and grateful.  
I expected a few comments after my story since I have established some lovely friendships in this here cyberworld.  But what I hadn't foreseen were the number of private emails from old friends, new friends and lurkers who all shared similar stories of deep anxiety and panic.   That there are so many of us out of balance says a great deal about our world.  
I want to say thank you to each and every person who commented, offered advice, compassion and words of comfort.  The energy continues to surround me and I am really and truly feeling like my old self again.  I'd say even better than my old self!
I continue to exercise daily and notice that my clothes are getting looser.  I'm diligent with my supplements and water and healthy food.   Since I tend to have an all-or-nothing personality, I'm also watching that I don't overdo the new regimen and I give myself permission to have a treat once in a while or execise less one day if I've had many appointments.

My sense of humor has returned and the playful old Liz is emerging.  The night before last my husband was trying to read and I kept walking into him all bent over with my right shoulder in the air and my left shoulder dropped, like Quasidomo.  I kept chanting "Give uth a kiiiith daaaahling.  Jutht a little kith." 

He put down his book, smiled then rolled his eyes and said, "Oh God.  She's back."














8 comments:

Optimistic Pessimist said...

YAY!!! you're back!

Unknown said...

So glad you are back... I awoke this am with a panic attack of my own. Mine are paralyzing and usually occur at the first waking moments with the sensation that someone is sitting on my chest and holding my arms down. Not fun! I hope you come out of the "cave" as it's called around here more and more each day. And I LOVE the Qm pic! So wonderful!

Holly said...

Hip Hip Hooray! The Fragrant one lives and breathes! Hooray!

spudballoo said...

OMG that drawing is hilarious, especially after the 'kithh' story. So funny xx

So pleased you're back my love. We all missed you x

Janet said...

and you DID give me a little kick in the pants whether you know it or not. i'm back to more fruits and veggies and less sugar. i actually cooked a bunch of kale last night for dinner. (with some amino acides, a little apple cider vinegar, chopped onions, and then dropped a few calamata olives and just a couple crumbles of goat cheese on the top.) gotta say it was delish! hope i can be like you and stick with it. so THANK YOU!

Hit 40 said...

I am glad your feeling better!! I let myself get really upset waiting for an appt yesterday. It just wiped me out. I need to learn to relax in those situations....

I usually have a book or something!! I was caught off guard by the wait.

rxBambi said...

So glad you're back with us again. Sorry I missed most of what you've been going thru. I've been fairly analog working and working and some work too. BUT. You are wonderful and I've definitely missed you. Linked you on my post today. Need to know what to offer a nurse for her nerves. She doesn't drink (gasp) and has no rxs. What do you think??

Kitty said...

liz, i sure have learned a lot from you this summer. so glad i found your blog, and i am so wishing i lived nearby so i could become a massage client! keep breathing through your nose! love, kitty.