Who Is
The Fragrant Muse?

My photo
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm a Creative Soul and Happy Person. I have a passion for my Family, Aromatics, Fairy Gardens, Pugs, SoulCollage, Miniature Worlds, Visual Journals.

Copyrights

All contents Property and Copyright(c) of Liz Fulcher/The Fragrant Muse.
All rights reserved.
Please don't use my written word, photography or art without my permission.
Thank you.

BlogCatalog

Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Friday, October 9, 2009

The Joy Diet: Desire


Growing up the youngest of three children and a "Pollyanna-ish" mother, I've been blessed with a distinct advantage in the Desire department.  I always expect to get what I want. 

Of course, I don't always get what I want, but somehow, somewhere in my development, I came to believe that if I really, really, really want something it will come to me. 

Now you'd think that this kind of "magic thinking" would have set me up for a lifetime of disappointment.  Au contraire.  I feel that because The Universe only has good intentions for me, if I don't get what I'm after, then something better is planned for me.

As a result, I'm an avid goal-setter, dreamer and wishmaker.

A few years ago, I created a visual metaphor for my life's wishes using a Barbie convertible.   My project then became an instrument to help some very special kids to dream their dreams, too.

Today's Joy Diet Menu Item on Desire, seems an appropriate place to share it again.  

You can read about The Altered Car Project here.

11 comments:

Sherry said...

What a fabulous project and I'm loving the Barbie car!! Very creative and very visual!!

I love that you were raised in an environment where you can wish to have or to be anything you want. That you know sometimes your desires to come to fruition but you don't stop yourself for trying to make them happen. That's a true gift and your family helped enable that to happen.

McGillicutty said...

Oh I love this... I too am an eternal optimist, beats the other hands down. I have a little book I write things down in when I really want them... and I nag and nag until I get them!! hahahaha.

Grammy said...

This is so wonderful that you use such positive energy to lead your way in life. And to share it with the kids is a blessing.

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

I love this attitude - the happiness comes from the journey rather than actually getting what we want. Of course there are only good intentions for you!

the car is delightful!

Lexington said...

I love the attitude that you and your family have towards life. Thank you so much for sharing your week with desire.

gma said...

Great car!!! Pollyanna Moms are good!Yay!

Angie said...

yes the power of self belief is a positive force, I was an only child and was showered with affection too, always encouraged, few times discouraged. I hope to only pass this on to my own children so they have a chance to also make their dreams come true.

Genie Sea said...

You inherited an awesome outlook from your "Pollyannaish" mom! :) I love the 3Dness of the Barbie vision car :)

Lisa @sacred circle said...

Oh my, that car is fabulous!!! Bravo to you for having such enormous trust in the universe....

Karen D said...

LOVE the vision barbie girl, way cool! I also like your upbeat attitude towards desires, wow what a difference our parents attitudes have in our life.
Thanks for sharing your week of desire.

theifswtich said...

you are blessed - i think expecting you will get what you desire is key! Thanks for the reminder.