Who Is
The Fragrant Muse?

My photo
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm a Creative Soul and Happy Person. I have a passion for my Family, Aromatics, Fairy Gardens, Pugs, SoulCollage, Miniature Worlds, Visual Journals.

Copyrights

All contents Property and Copyright(c) of Liz Fulcher/The Fragrant Muse.
All rights reserved.
Please don't use my written word, photography or art without my permission.
Thank you.

BlogCatalog

Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Joy Diet


photo courtesy of jamie ridler

I am spending more and more time at Jamie Ridler Studios, first with Wishcasting Wednesday and now The Joy Diet,  which is based on the book by Martha Beck.  One of my favorite books is another by Beck, called "Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live".   

From the inside cover of The Joy Diet:
"Welcome to The Joy Diet, a menu of ten behaviors you can add to your way of living and thinking to enhance every day's journey through the unpredictable terrain of your existence. You can add these behaviours gradually and watch your life become steadily more vivid and satisfying. Or you can go on a "crash Joy Diet" to help you navigate life's emergencies."

Over the course of our journey, we will spend a week each with:

  • Nothing
  • Truth
  • Desire
  • Creativity
  • Risk
  • Treats
  • Play
  • Laughter
  • Connection
  • Feasting
Check back for weekly updates as I travel this journey toward increased joy.

7 comments:

d smith kaich jones said...

This sounds very cool. Think I may give it a peek. :)

Debi

Sherry said...

There is much to be learned from Martha Beck and if week one is any indication I think we are in for a treat. Looking forward to spending time with you on the joy diet!

Karen D said...

looking forward to dieting with the joy dieters

Deb said...

Ohh! You know that was my b-day wish this year...to have pure unadulterated joy! Think I'll have to visit the library and see if I can get a copy! Thanks for the suggestion!

Holly said...

The notion of one more book upsetting my life is more than I can handle at the moment. Besides, Julia Cameron insists that I be monogamous...so you're on your own with this one. Let me know how it works out for you. If Julia will let me talk with you, I mean.

Anonymous said...

I never thought it possible to get the words 'joy' and 'diet' in the same sentence!!

Ambiance in the Attic said...

I have sabotaged my own joy by mistakes made in my life. I am very happy now but I know I have missed out on a lot of Joy. This looks like a great book. I'll look for it and hopefully join you in the journey!