Who Is
The Fragrant Muse?

My photo
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm a Creative Soul and Happy Person. I have a passion for my Family, Aromatics, Fairy Gardens, Pugs, SoulCollage, Miniature Worlds, Visual Journals.

Copyrights

All contents Property and Copyright(c) of Liz Fulcher/The Fragrant Muse.
All rights reserved.
Please don't use my written word, photography or art without my permission.
Thank you.

BlogCatalog

Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sand Art

Yesterday while visiting Ambience in the Attic, I saw a video by Ilana Yahav, an artist I had forgotten about.  It's been about a year since I discovered her and she's quite remarkable.   If you aren't familiar with Ilana's work, you might want to take a minute to watch.   It's quite mesmerizing.


Using only her fingers, wrist and sometimes her forearm, she draws in sand on a glass table which is lit from underneath.  Her movements are fluid and graceful and she never makes a mistake.   

This has always struck me as pure creativity, manifested for the joy of creation only to have it disappear.

When you watch, don't forget to turn the volume up on your computer.

 

3 comments:

AmyK said...

This is just gorgeous. Some of her moves are so unexpected. Thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

Ambiance in the Attic said...

Thanks for validating the beauty and creativity of this amazing artist. I had the pleasure of watching it with my husband and we both got teary eyed. Then my son sat and watched it with me. It was a great moment to share.