Who Is
The Fragrant Muse?

My photo
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm a Creative Soul and Happy Person. I have a passion for my Family, Aromatics, Fairy Gardens, Pugs, SoulCollage, Miniature Worlds, Visual Journals.

Copyrights

All contents Property and Copyright(c) of Liz Fulcher/The Fragrant Muse.
All rights reserved.
Please don't use my written word, photography or art without my permission.
Thank you.

BlogCatalog

Personal Development Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Thursday, May 14, 2009

14 Months 42 Countries,
and a Cast of Thousands


It's pouring in my part of Pennsylvania this morning, so in honor of the gloom, I'm posting something that fills me with gladness whenever I view it.

I usually hate corny feel-good anything...chick flicks, romance novels and insouciant viral videos, but I like this one. Maybe it's the sense of people-are-really-the-same-everywhere that I get when I watch it.

It's very likely you've already seen.

Watch it again.

Some background: A few years ago, Matt Harding was touring the globe with his girlfriend Melissa. He was known by his friends in Connecticut for an odd little dance and while videotaping each other in Vietnam Melissa suggested he add his dance. He began filming himself doing his jig in front of famous (and not so famous) landmarks in various international locations. While in Rwanda he was doing his dance and some kids spontaneously joined in. That was when he realized that having locals in the shots would be much more interesting.

The background music is brilliant and well-adapted to the video.

His video has been watched 19,860,041 times on YouTube as of March 31, 2009.

Make sure to click "watch in HD" right underneath the video.




1 comment:

Janet said...

Excellent! Great way to start the day! Thanks!